School Nurse’s News and Announcements
Your School Nurse is available on site to do the following:
- Coordinate and collaborate placement of Medical Action Plans (MAP) for students with health issues (Diabetes, Asthma, Seizures, Allergies, Sickle Cell Disease, ADHD, ect.), as required by the State of Michigan.
- Administer medications according to MAP and prescribing physician.
- Monitor health status of students with MAP’s on a daily basis and as needed.
- Provide teaching/medical information to appropriate staff with students who have MAP’s, as directed by the State.
- Collaborate with PAE staff/EMS for all emergency policies and procedures, as needed.
- Provide public health education/information to students/PAE staff as needed.
- Report to all County and State services on public health incidents/issues.
- Provide care/First Aid to PAE Staff/students as needed. (Health assessment, ice packs, basic first aid, CPR with AED, physican referrals, blood pressure monitoring, ect..)
- Consult with PAE Staff for students with IEP’s.
- Consult with students and parents on related health issues, as needed. (Communicable diseases, nutrition, hygiene, safety, ect..)
- Provide Support and consult with student on pregnancy, drug use, violence, and psychiatric issues as needed.
- Document nursing office visits/student emergencies/injuries, staff emergencies/injuries.
- Document monthly and end of year nursing reports.